COVID-19 Daycare regulations
We are happy to announce that we have gotten our essential service certificate from the CIPC.
What we have to offer is a garden, playtime and socialisation for your pup. We will be taking them out for walks between 8 and 9am so if you want your pup to come on the walk they must be dropped at daycare before 8am or otherwise they can be dropped off after 9am. We also give them a decent amount of exercise on our premises. We know that many clients of Mary Puppins have dogs who are struggling with the space constraints of lockdown and we are therefore offering this service to help with the health and wellness of your pups.
We will be open from 7:30am – 6pm
How does it work in terms of drop off and pick up?
– No one will be allowed into the premises but myself and my partner who is staying with me
– I will be frequently disinfecting the gate with bleach or opening the gate myself for the dogs
– All owners must wear masks when dropping off and picking up
– If you arrive at the same time as another owner please stand 2m away from each other and let one dog enter at a time
– When driving to and from the daycare we have been told that you can show the police our certificate but we also suggest you pair the drive with a trip to the grocery store as the purpose of lockdown is to limit the movement of people
Mary Puppins Doggy Daycare is the happy home environment every pup needs while owners are busy at work. We are situated in Devil’s Peak Estate in a quiet and peaceful neighbourhood. Our daycare strives to provide a wholesome, safe and fun-filled experience for your doggos. The premises features a spacious garden as well as indoor facilities for wet weather. Throughout the day, the dogs receive all the love and care they need from our attentive staff. Lots of playtime, naptime and daily adventure walks will ensure the happiness of your fur babies.
Doggy daycare resolves the stress that your dogs feel when left home alone. By attending daycare, they no longer experience separation anxiety and loneliness, but rather enjoy their time away from home. Owners need not worry about their dogs or their homes as doggy daycare eliminates destructive habits such as zoomies, chewing and barking.
Enroll your pup with Mary Puppins and give your dog it’s borkin’ best life!
07:30 – 09:00
Dogs arrive at the daycare, are checked in and settle into the garden play area.
09:00 – 12:00
Dogs are taken out on 60 min adventure walks in small packs. The grouping in packs is designed to have dogs with similar size and energy levels, out and about together. Adventure walks will include trips to the mountain, forests and beaches of Cape Town.
12:00 – 12:30
Pups that require lunch are fed at this time and dogs that have special needs are attended to.
12:30 – 14:30
The fur babies are encouraged to nap during this time under the shady trees, in the sun or inside the house where there are comfy mattresses for them.
14:30 – 16:00
Playtime Round 2! All the doggos get instructed playtime with our staff members as well as individual attention and snuggles.
16:00 – 18:00
The happy and tired doggies await their owner’s arrival. During this time they are still socialising and receiving cuddles from our attentive staff.
R180 per dog per day. An extra R120 for a second dog and R80 for a third dog.
Included in the price is a one hour daily adventure walk!!!
|Days per week||Monthly Rate
- All vaccinations must be up to date this includes Rabies, DHLPP (Distemper, Hepatitis, Leptospirosis, Parainfluenza, Parvovirus) AND Kennel Cough (Bordetella). We require a copy of the vaccination records for enrolment.
- Dogs older than 6 months must be neutered or spayed
- Puppies must be over 3 months of age with all 3 initial sets of vaccinations
- All dogs must be on a monthly flea and tick program and be dewormed every 3-4 months
- Only dogs that are properly socialised and do not display aggressive tendencies will be accepted in the daycare
- All doggos must have collars with their name tags and owner’s contact details. They must be dropped off and picked up with a leash.
- Dogs must be in good health (no vomiting, diarrhea or coughing) when dropped off at the daycare
- All dogs will be subject to a behavioural assessment on their first day at the daycare. We reserve the right to reject any dog that displays aggressive behaviour towards other dogs or humans.